Sunday, October 25, 2009

Being late and feeling disrespected

I hate when people are late! HATE HATE HATE (and I seldom use that word)

I am doing a favor for a friend. He told me he would be here at 1:30 to pick me up. It is now 1:45 or so-- 15 minutes late.

I have better things to do than sit around and wait for people to show up -- especially when I am doing them a favor!

When you are late, you are disrespecting the person who is waiting for you.. I don't want to hear excuses. LEAVE EARLIER!

Last time I do a favor for this person!

edited to add: finally got here -- and told me that 20 minutes is well within the allowable range for being on-time. I disagree.

2 comments:

  1. Nope, not true. For a social engagement, maybe. But for an appointment-NO WAY. I would be angry too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Margaret -- if it was a party of some sort, 20 minutes is ok.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind!