Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Frustrated

I am so frustrated these days. I know that by many standards I have it good; I have a good-paying job (just having a job is 'good' these days.) I have a delightful daughter grown and on her own and am very proud of her.

For some reason, though, I find myself annoyed at just about everything. Stupid people being at the top of the list. People who cannot articulate their thoughts and then get mad when I misunderstand them. After what would you think about this conversation?

Me: So, did you get a new computer?
Her: They put more memory in this one.
Me: Cool

I understood this to mean that she kept her old computer and had more memory added.

Conversation later that day:
Her: I am so glad they were able to give me this loaner computer.
Me: I thought they just added memory to your old one.
Her: NO -- I told you, they gave me a loaner for a year.

Sigh

Children who do not know how to behave in public places. Frustrate the hell out of me, but I reserve my anger for their parents who obviously have lost control.

Children who step on my foot then cry to their mom when I say "Hey, watch it"; not to mention their parents who somehow think I am supposed to anticipate where their stupid little feet are going to land when they jump around in a store. Better yet, kids who wander in front of my shopping cart, get run into by me, cry to their parents and I get yelled at. WATCH YOUR F****NG CHILDREN PEOPLE!!

Time to drive home -- watch out for the old lady in the grey Vue. She may not be in the best of moods this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind!