Sunday, November 22, 2009

November 22

Well, I found a new blog that gets me to thinking. (Actually, I didn't find him, he found me and posted a comment.) So, I am going to use some of the questions from his blog as fodder for mine.


1- What is one charity you support? (provide a link if possible and a reason you support that charity)

Right now, I support House for All Sinners and Saints (HFASS) with a monthly donation.

This is a new ministry,an emerging church, reaching out to those who might not feel welcome at traditional main-stream services. They are a Lutheran based (main-stream Protestant) mission focused on accepting everyone who wants to be part of a Christian community with no judgment.

I have never attended this church, have never met the mission developer, but feel very drawn to this ministry. I don't remember the actual statistics, but their membership are mostly un- or under-employed and the mission struggles to stay afloat. My home church is full of very rich people; they won't miss my paltry gift; it is much more meaningful to HFASS.

1 comment:

  1. Nice concept for blog. One should do charity to help the needy.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind!