Friday, November 7, 2008

Well -- here is is "Vintage Friday."Since this is the first post in the series, I figured it would be a good idea to start at the beginning. So here we are -- at the beginning: 1951, the year of my birth. This is, as far as I know, my photographic debut at the ripe old age of 3-months. I believe these were taken the Sunday I was baptized. I am particularly fond of the 'vintage' wallpaper. (Of course, it wasn't vintage at the time!)



This next one shows how short my Mom was! She always claimed to be 5' tall, but I think that was only when she stood up straight! (She was really 4' 11" -- but we never told her LOL)


I find this next picture very interesting in that we all have blue eyes; yet in this picture it appears that we are a family of extremely dark-eyed people. (Again--note the funky wallpaper!)


And lastly for today, I love this picture. It is the perfect depiction of the proud first-time young parents (although I don't look too happy with the whole process at this point in time!)



Oops - I lied; one more! My first Christmas. I have absolutely no idea who the little girl in the picture is. One of our neighbors I guess.


Until next week . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind!