Monday, November 17, 2008

Well, THAT was fun . . .

As you may or may not know, I live in Southern California; Orange County to be exact.

As you also may or may not know, we have had some incredible fire-storms these last few days.

What I DID NOT KNOW this morning was that my office is closed today. My company has three facilities in Orange County. Last night I thought about the fact that one facility (the one I worked at until a week ago) was only two blocks from an evacuation area, so might be shut down today. The facility I currently work at is 5 miles away and it never occurred to me that they would close it down.

I should always check my cel-phone (is is cel or cell -- I never know) for messages. I drove (half hour) to work to find a note taped to the entrance telling us that, yes folks, WE ARE CLOSED FOR THE DAY. All Orange County facilities are closed. So I drove home again (another half hour) for a delightful hour of rush-hour travel.

I will call my manager later today to get the details, but I suspect that air quality has a lot to do with it. I drove up there and back, never got out of my car or rolled the windows down, and I smell of smoke!

(I also must tell her that if she needs to tell me things this important again, to call my home phone not my cel(l).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind!